Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $25.82Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $48.01Trending at AU $52.88
- AU $37.01Trending at AU $44.77
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.82
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $28.57
About this product
- DescriptionOneBookAZ 2016 Young Adult eBook Winner Literary Award Sponsored by Arizona State Library Ghosts of the past can seriously haunt your future! Former star athlete and gifted student, fifteen-year-old Josh Weston and his mother move to a desolate ranch in the Arizona desert after his father is killed in Afghanistan. Josh blames himself for his father's death and for the shooting of his best friend. Besides failing in everything he used be good at, Josh is relentlessly stalked by a nasty psycho at his new school. Unable to see any way out of his escalating problems, Josh tries to end it all one moonlit night. A cantankerous old prospector and his evil white burro suddenly appear, forcing Josh to join their dangerous, spooky escapades. If he has any chance of survival, Josh must learn to draw on his strengths and deal with his haunted past that threatens his future.
- Author BiographyAn award-winning author of eight novels, Melinda Rucker Haynes is the Baby Boomer edition of an Arizona pioneer family. She grew up in the small town of Kingman on Route 66. She likes to joke that she learned to write fiction as a grant writer at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. Melinda also directed adult education research projects and trained teachers at UNLV, where she further developed her unusual sense of humor as a student teacher supervisor and a member of the faculty gourmet club. Melinda escaped academe one summer to wrangle assorted livestock on her parents' small ranch near Oatman, Arizona. It was a weird, growth-promoting adventure that later inspired the ghostly tale of The Haunting of Josh Weston. After traveling the world and living in four foreign countries, which most recently includes Washington D.C., Melinda settled in Tucson with her husband, Bob. She babies their citrus trees, takes piano lessons and photo hunts the wily Cruel Shoes for her website and Pinterest pages. She's a discerning Whovian who refuses to choose a favorite Doctor (Eleven) and is the founder of the Tall Grass Editing CoOp of talented writers.
- Author(s)Melinda Rucker Haynes
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication25/02/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight191 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.