All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume provides bibliographic control over the extensive literature on the Haymarket Riot. It lists over 1,500 primary and secondary documents and provides descriptive antations for most entries. It also includes subject and author indexes and thorough cross-references. The entries are organized under four main headings: (1) Context, which includes background material on labor and industry, the history and theory of anarchism, the history of Chicago, and biographical material on the individuals involved; (2) History, which includes the principal secondary writings on the Riot and the documents from the legal proceedings; (3) Argument, which includes a chrological arrangement of protest and polemical literature on various Haymarket issues, tices of commemorative meetings and speeches, and writings devoted to the central issue of the freedom of expression and assembly; and (4) Imagination, which includes sections on fiction, drama, poetry, and art inspired by Haymarket.
- Author BiographyROBERT W. GLENN is associate professor in the Department of Speech Communication at the University of Tennessee.
- Author(s)Robert W. Glenn
- Date of Publication26/04/1993
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleBibliographies and Indexes in American History
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 25.
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight708 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statementannotated edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $53.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.