All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn introduction to the invative therapy that restores optimal function of the brain after physical or emotion trauma. According to the Centres for Disease Control, each year 260,000 people are hospitalised with traumatic brain injuries. The Brain Injury Association reports 1.5 million injuries, many of which go undiagsed but which lead to all kinds of cognitive and emotional impairments. While neuroscience has learned an ermous amount about the connection between brain trauma and personality changes, the methods proposed for resolving these alterations are generally limited to drug therapy or surgeries. This book explores a much less invasive but highly effective technique of restoring brain function. The Low Energy Neurofeedback System (LENS). Developed by Dr. Len Ochs in 1992, it has had extraordinary results using weak electromagnetic fields to stimulate brain-wave activity and restore brain flexibility and function. The treatment works across a broad spectrum of human activity, increasing the brain's abilities to adapt to the imbalances caused by physical trauma or emotional disorders - both on the basic level and in the more subtle areas of cognitive, affective and spiritual processes that make us truly human. While treatment has had remarkable results with individuals who have experienced severe physical trauma to the head and brain, Stephen Larsen sees it, also, as an important alternative to chemical approaches for such chronic behavioural disorders as ADHD and mopolar and bipolar depression.
- Author BiographyStephen Larsen, Ph.D., is Psychology Professor Emeritus at SUNY Ulster and the author of The Shaman s Doorway and The Mythic Imagination and coauthor of Joseph Campbell: A Fire in the Mind. He has been using the LENS clinically since 1996 and biofeedback since 1975 in his psychotherapy practice. He directs the Stone Mountain Center for Counseling and Biofeedback near New Paltz, New York.
- Author(s)Stephen Larsen
- PublisherInner Traditions Bear and Company
- Date of Publication01/02/2006
- SubjectAlternative Therapies & Health
- Place of PublicationRochester, VT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHealing Arts Press
- Content Note8pp colour illustrations and 10 b&w illustrations
- Weight800 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine29 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.