All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe discovery and translation of the Gstic Gospels have revealed Mary Magdalene to be a gifted visionary teacher and the best qualified disciple to lead the Jesus movement following his death. Yet, according to most scholars, only a few fragments of her actual teachings have survived. Sharing more than 20 years of research, inspired by a profound experience at the cave in southern France where Mary Magdalene is reputed to have spent her final years, Jack Angelo reveals that the Fourth Gospel of the New Testament, traditionally attributed to John, is actually a direct transcription of Mary Magdalene's oral teachings. He explains how the Fourth Gospel was recast by more conservative members of the Jesus movement, such as Peter and Andrew, to hide Mary's authorship and suppress her role as head disciple. Delving deeply into the many layers of meaning within the Gospel of Signs --the first 11 chapters of the Fourth Gospel which describe seven of Jesus' miracles--he shows how Mary's teachings outline seven key steps for personal transformation and profound healing. For example, the sixth sign describes the shamanic healing of a blind man when Jesus spits on clay and smears the paste over the man's eyes. Angelo explains how the deeper meaning of this sign is about perceiving with the eyes of the heart. Beyond the beauty and simplicity of Mary's wisdom for personal transformation and healing, Angelo also shows how Mary's heart-centered teachings embody the resurgence of feminine energy that is vitally needed to restore balance to the psyche and health of humanity as well as to Earth.
- Author BiographyJack Angelo is a well-known healer and teacher of subtle energy medicine and natural spirituality who has worked with individuals and groups for more than 25 years. He lectures and gives workshops internationally and is the author of several books, including Hands-On Healing and Self-Healing with Breathwork. He lives in Wales.
- Author(s)Jack Angelo
- PublisherInner Traditions Bear and Company
- Date of Publication12/03/2015
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationRochester
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBear & Company
- Weight415 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.