All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThis first comprehensive study of the medical histories of America's First Ladies - from Martha Washington to Michelle Obama - discusses their illnesses, their treatments and their physicians in the context of their times. As the categories of illness afflicting Americans have changed through history so have the kinds of maladies affecting the First Ladies. Infectious diseases and the consequences of poorly supervised pregnancies have been replaced by cerebrovascular accidents and malignancies. The secrecy with which the White House has traditionally handled inquiries about the health of the president's wife is explored in detail; however, several First Ladies, of course, have been transparent about their illnesses in order to educate the public. The effects of a First Lady's responsibilities on her health is examined. This book also seeks to discern how the well-being of the First Lady influences presidential performance.
- Author BiographyLudwig M. Deppisch, M.D., is a pathologist. A native of New York, he lives in Tucson, Arizona.
- Author(s)Ludwig M. Deppisch
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/01/2015
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Weight440 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.