All listings for this product
Best-selling in Children & YA Non-Fiction
About this product
- DescriptionLearning about health and science has never been so fun --and delicious! What does a heartbeat sound like? How strong is my hair? Why do my eyes blink? What's in a sports drink? With more than 50 safe and easy recipes and activities to try, you'll discover the nutritious answers to these and tons of other scrumptious mysteries. And best of all, you get to eat the results when you're finished! You'll make carbohydrate-packed Blueberry Power-Snack Turvers, protein-boosting Crunchy Chicken Fingers, calcium-rich Creamy, Dreamy Yogurt Orange-Banana Frozen Pops, and much more. The Healthy Body Cookbook is a delightfully clever smorgasbord of hands-on lessons about the crucial role that diet and exercise play in the development of heart, blood, bones, muscles, skin, teeth, and the nervous and digestive systems. All activities are kid-tested and require only common ingredients and kitchen utensils. There's also a helpful list of safety rules, an explanation of tools and skills, and nutritional values for each recipe.
- Author BiographyJOAN D'AMICO is a cooking instructor at Kings Cooking studio in New Jersey and an educational consultant to various elementary and middle schools. KAREN EICH DRUMMOND is a registered dietitian and the author of several cookbooks, including Cook's Healthy Handbook (Wiley). Ms. D'Amico and Ms. Drummond are coauthors of Wiley's popular The Science Chef, The Science Chef Travels Around the World, and The Math Chef.
- Author(s)Joan D'Amico,Karen Eich Drummond
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication18/12/1998
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight396 g
- Width190 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.