The Healthy and Fit with Tai Chi: Perfect Your Posture, Balance, and Breathing by Peter Newton (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $18.13Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $15.44+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMost of us, if we were honest with ourselves, would admit we have little understanding of how to look after our physical body well. Breathing, bending, stretching, sitting, standing, walking and running seem to just happen naturally. Too often, however, we forget how to perform these functions properly and drift away from nature's guidance, which, in turn, damages our health. All our physical actions involve the subtle interaction of posture and body mechanics, and at the very heart of it all there lays the breath. Good breathing practice offers many benefits to our mind, body and spirit. Using simple Tai Chi exercises this book shows how to assimilate the powerful healing postures, smooth flow of movement and effective breathing methods of the ancient Chinese, to enable our body to operate again in perfect harmony with nature. Whether you are interested in improving your general wellbeing or are struggling with a long-term health condition, you will find guidance and easy exercises in this book. Additionally, because the author dissects the ancient Tai Chi and Qigong instruction manuals on posture and the mechanics of body-motion, he offers a new dimension for physiotherapists and other practitioners who have an interest in physical therapy. From the moment you pick up this book your journey to a healthier and more contented life begins.
- Author BiographySifu (Master Teacher) Peter Newton is an Honorary Vice-President of the Tai Chi Union For Great Britain (national registration organization). He specializes in remedial therapy, which is based on his extensive research and training in the medical applications of Tai Chi and Qigong. His twenty-years of experience as a Tai Chi and Qigong teacher and a practising therapist with Parkinson's UK, Kick - Start Cardiac Rehabilitation, Macmillans Cancer Support and Leonard Cheshire Acquired Brain Injury Unit testify to his expertise.His skills have attracted the attention of International Footballers, the medical-care profession and the business world.
- Author(s)Peter Newton
- PublisherFindhorn Press Ltd.
- Date of Publication18/05/2015
- SubjectAlternative Therapies & Health
- Place of PublicationForres
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFindhorn Press Ltd.
- Content Note42 black & white illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Jeff Cushing
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.26New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.75New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.84
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.87
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $60.98Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.