All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTargeting talented students who seek a deeper understanding of calculus and its applications, this book contains enrichment material for courses in first- and second-year calculus, differential equations, modelling, and introductory real analysis. Maintaining a high level of rigour whilst avoiding epsilons and deltas, the explorations, problems, and projects in the book impart a deeper understanding of the mathematical reasoning that lies at the heart of calculus and conveys its beauty and depth. The presentation is friendly and accessible to students at various levels of mathematical maturity, requiring only basic logical reasoning skills as a prerequisite. The sixteen largely independent chapters, divided equally between pure and applied mathematics, present material that includes fundamentals of differential calculus and celestial motion and gravitation, along with other significant topics chosen for their intrinsic interest, historical influence, and continuing importance.
- Author BiographyPhilip M. Anselone is Professor Emeritus at Oregon State University. John Lee is Professor Emeritus at Oregon State University.
- Author(s)John Lee,Philip M. Anselone
- PublisherMathematical Association of America
- Date of Publication13/08/2015
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMathematical Association of America
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight600 g
- Width177 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.