All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.68
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $23.77Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $52.91
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $44.92
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
About this product
- DescriptionAimed at transforming how people care for others and themselves, this life-changing handbook examines how caregivers and caring professionals can reconnect to an actively compassionate nature, enriching the lives of those they look after as well as their own. The guide contends that person-centered care should be at the heart of the care industry, ackwledging that too often caregivers are focused on accomplishing tasks rather than understanding how someone is feeling. Emphasizing how to sincerely value people, this sensitive consideration offers suggestions such as involving the elderly in decision-making and other methods for providing a positive social environment. Creatively applying empathy exercises, anecdotes, and poetry to uplift, motivate, and educate caregivers, this is an essential study on developing the skills and awareness needed to support an aging population.
- Author BiographyAmanda Waring is an actress, a writer, and a filmmaker. Her campaigning film, What Do You See?, is used for training around the world, and she is a presenter for Aged Care TV as well as an advisor on the UK government's Dignity board.
- Author(s)Amanda Waring
- PublisherSouvenir Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/2012
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSouvenir Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.