Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionTHE HEART OF ENGLAND covers the area of lush pastureland and gentle, rolling hills that stretches from Shrewsbury in the rth to Gloucester in the south, and from the Welsh borders in the west to around Stratford-upon-Avon in the east. The region has witnessed more genuine passion and spilt blood than any other area in the kingdom: poets and writers (headed, of course, by the immortal William Shakespeare) have celebrated its legends, kings coveted its hunting forests, armies clashed on its meadows, farmers and market-gardeners blessed its fertility, and industrialists exploited its mineral resources. The towns, villages and houses that lie within this special region typify, too, traditional England: half-timbered cottages and ancient villages, elegant spa towns, great cathedrals, impressive fortresses, stately homes, historic mar houses, and once-great monastic houses.
- Author BiographyRobin Whiteman and Rob Talbot have both distinguished themselves as a regional chronicler and outstanding landscape photographer respectively, with their COUNTRY SERIES collaborations. Their work has met with great critical acclaim and together they have produced nine other COUNTRY SERIES volumes. Robin Whiteman and Rob Talbot have both distinguished themselves as a regional chronicler and outstanding landscape photographer respectively, with their Country Series collaborations. Their work has met with great critical acclaim and together they have produced nine other Country Series volumes: The Cotswolds, the English Lakes, The Yorkshire Moors and Dales, the Garden of England, The West Country, Wessex, The Heart of England, the Peak District and England.
- Author(s)Rob Talbot,Robin Whiteman
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication13/04/2000
- SubjectPeople & Places: General
- Series TitleCountry S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 24
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWeidenfeld Nicolson Illustrated
- Out-of-print date23/08/2006
- Content Note130
- Weight549 g
- Width253 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.