All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver the course of the last twenty-five years, Tom O'Neill has traveled frequently to Kathmandu and the Helambu region of Nepal to undertake ethgraphic fieldwork with the Yolmo business owners and carpet weavers of the area. The Heart of Helambu is an evocative and touching account of his experiences working in Nepal during those turbulent times. In his autoethgraphic memoir, O'Neill reflects on the complex relationships he developed with his research participants: the carpet weavers, their families, and others in the communities which he studied. A compelling account of ethgraphic fieldwork's personal dimension and the ethical and emotional challenges that come with maintaining relationships across substantial social distances, The Heart of Helambu illustrates an important aspect of anthropological research through O'Neill's engaging story.
- Author BiographyTom O'Neill is an associate professor in the Department of Child and Youth Studies at Brock University.
- Author(s)Tom O'Neill
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication05/04/2016
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleAnthropological Horizons
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Content Note10, 1 map
- Weight280 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.