All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.75Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionMount Sinai medical student and native New Yorker, Alexa Mieses, uses carefully researched information, personal anecdotes, and real stories from successful premedical and medical students, to deliver insider tips and practical advice about med school admissions. Alexa has held formal and informal positions as a mentor, tutor and professional development coach, and compiles the most vital information in this book. The Heartbeat of Success provides a step-by-step guide to successfully prepare a medical school application-starting all the way at the beginning, with choosing an undergraduate major! Whether you're about to begin college, a post-baccalaureate student or you're reapplying to medical school for the second time, this book has something to offer. Learn about: Succeeding in undergraduate school Asking for letters of recommendation Extracurricular activities Preparing for the MCAT Writing your personal statement Submitting your medical school application Medical school interviews ...and much, much more! If you're even thinking about becoming a physician, this book is for you. Kwing what medical schools want is challenging. Mentorship and guidance are absolutely essential to your success. Alexa Mieses, kws very well the importance of mentorship and wants to serve as your mentor.
- Author BiographyMs. Mieses is a young doctor in training at Mount Sinai, one of the nation's top medical schools. She has held formal and informal positions as a mentor, tutor and professional development coach since 2006. She aspires to be a wonderful clinician with influence beyond the confines of an examination room. As the first in her family to pursue a career in medicine, mentors were highly influential to her success thus far. She is eager to pay it forward. Ms. Mieses is a native New Yorker. She graduated from the Bronx High School of Science, a specialized, competitive, science high school, before earning a B.S. in Biology from the City University of New York-City College (CUNY). She has won numerous awards including the Jeannette K. Watson Fellowship, a full-time research fellowship with the National Institutes of Health and the Jonas Salk Award, CUNY's highest scientific undergraduate honor. She regularly writes for Medscape, and has published pieces for POZ Magazine, Gay Men's Health Crisis, Dr. Jennifer Walden, MD, and was selected for a live reading with the Intima narrative medicine journal. The Heartbeat of Success: A Med Student's Guide to Med School Admissions is her first book.
- Author(s)Alexa M Mieses
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication05/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight195 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Kaitlyn a Musto
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.