All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor far too long, we ve talked about heaven as if it were a dream or someplace that only exists in fairytales. We want to believe it s real, but with such an expanse of contradictory information, it s difficult to kw what to believe. To add even more confusion, we are left to sift through the tales of individuals who have crossed over and returned. With so many competing narratives and accounts based on what many think are beyond-death experiences, wouldn t it be nice to have a straight forward examination of what the Bible has to say about heaven? Best-selling author and New Testament scholar Scot McKnight thought so too, which is why he wrote The Heaven Promise. McKnight, who has penned more than 50 books, including The Jesus Creed, has had a fascination with heaven since he was a child. As a professor of New Testament at Northern Seminary, McKnight is stranger to academic engagement and scholarly discourse. However; as an ordained deacon, McKnight is well accustomed with the concerns of the everyday thinker. The Heaven Promise represents the perfect blend of thoughtful research coupled with an easily digestible presentation. My hope, McKnight shares, is that people will be hopeful about heaven. The Heaven Promise offers an infusion of hope alongside a healthy anticipation of eternity. After all, heaven isn t just a dream; it s a promise. Heaven. Eternity. The Afterlife. You mention any of these concepts, and people of all ages and from all walks of life are certain to have opinions. Maybe that s why there are so many books and movies that feature heaven-and-back experiences. But how can we kw if those accounts are accurate? How can we kw for sure what heaven will be like? Well, according to New Testament scholar and popular author Scot McKnight, all we need to do is to turn to Scripture to answer our questions. Separating fact from fiction, McKnight helps the reader examine the witness of God s Word in order to discover what awaits us on the other side of the grave. Using the Bible, McKnight answers the most-frequently-asked questions regarding heaven, including: 1. What about Near-Death Experiences? 2. What about Rewards in Heaven? 3. Who Will Be Allowed in Heaven? 4. Is God Fair? 5. Will There Be Families in Heaven? 6. What about Children Who Die? 7. What about Cremation? 8. What about Purgatory? 9. Will There be Pets in Heaven? 10. Why Believe in Heaven? Heaven isn t the construction of a fairytale or some mythical narrative. It s very real; it s very good; and it s very much the fulfillment of God s promise to us.
- Author BiographyAuthor of more than 50 books including The Jesus Creed, Dr. Scot McKnight currently serves as a Professor of New Testament at Northern Seminary in Lombard, Illinois. A much sought after public thinker and speaker, he blogs regularly at Patheos under the banner of Jesus Creed. He and his wife, Kris, enjoy life in the suburbs of Chicago.
- Author(s)Scot McKnight
- PublisherMultnomah Press
- Date of Publication28/11/2015
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationSisters
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMultnomah Press
- Weight399 g
- Width158 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $34.01Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.