All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionHeineken is kwn all around the world, but few of the drinkers who eagerly watch the foam rise in their glass have heard of the business ploys, marketing tricks and extraordinary characters that transformed the Dutch family business into a global brand. Taking us on a journey from a small brewery in Amsterdam in 1864 to the present day, The Heineken Story tells the remarkable and sometimes controversial true story of one of the world's largest brewing companies, and of Alfred 'Freddy' Heineken, the singular business man who secured its position. From spectacular takeovers and inspired marketing campaigns, to a kidnapping that brought in the largest ransom ever paid for an individual, this is a gripping account of the battle for the international beer market. Barbara Smit has experience writing on family drama, marketing and consumer culture, and in The Heineken Story she has put together a narrative that is meticulously researched, and fizzing with competition, personalities and betrayal.
- Author BiographyBarbara Smit is a journalist who has written about big businesses for the Financial Times, International Herald Tribune and others. This book builds on her unauthorised biography of Freddy Heineken published in 1996, which sold 70,000 copies in the Netherlands alone. She lives in France.
- Author(s)Barbara Smit
- PublisherProfile Books Ltd
- Date of Publication06/11/2014
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintProfile Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date19/03/2016
- Weight303 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.