All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPweew! Pweew! Malusi's shrill whistling drives the sheep out of grandfather's kraal. By the time they reach the grazing slopes, the earth is hot beneath his bare feet. He keeps the sheep and goats from straying towards the deep donga, which is easy to fall into but hard to climb out of. You have to be awake, and you have to be brave, to be a herd boy. Malusi is a herd boy. It is a big job for a small boy, yet he does it well, matter the danger. But he also dreams of being more than a herd boy someday: Malusi wants to be president. This simple but poignant story explores the idea that many great leaders have come from humble beginnings. Perhaps what gives someone the strength and integrity to lead well isn't so different from what it takes to be a good herd boy.
- Author(s)Niki Daly
- PublisherWilliam B Eerdmans Publishing Co
- Date of Publication01/10/2012
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWilliam B Eerdmans Publishing Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight481 g
- Width266 mm
- Height261 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.