All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionTHE HERO IS YOU applies a coach's insight to the work writers can do off the page, in their everyday lives, to strengthen their writing muscle and deepen their work accordingly. THE HERO IS YOU helps writers understand and make the very most of their creative process, from getting an idea to sharing a finished work with the world. Each chapter digs into a single step in the creative process and coaches writers through the challenges they may be experiencing and into a way of working that is intuitive and organic for them. Loaded with entertaining and inspiring anecdotes about real-life writers' struggles, the text offers road-tested advice and lots of hands-on exercises. As a bonus, writers who read THE HERO IS YOU will walk away with an in-depth understanding of the story structure and archetypes (hero, trickster, goddess, guardian, etc.) that make up the hero's journey, which is valuable for whatever kind of writing they do. THE HERO IS YOU process can be applied to a specific project or enjoyed in the abstract and the book can be read straight through or just dipped into. It can be used on one's own or with a writing group and was designed to be the kind of reference writers could return to again and again to address obstacles and issues that arise in their creative lives.
- Author BiographyKendra Levin is a senior editor for children's books at Penguin Children's and a qualified life coach specialising in coaching for writers. She received her training at the Open Center. Kendra has coached a diverse range of one-on-one clients internationally, including playwrights, screenwriters, children's book writers, memoirists, novelists, essayists and bloggers. She is, also, an award-winning playwright.
- Author(s)Kendra Levin
- PublisherConari Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication31/10/2016
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationBerkeley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1899
- ImprintConari Press,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.