All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.06
- AU $73.18Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.10
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $45.77
- AU $20.59Trending at AU $22.57
About this product
- DescriptionHenry Wright, a milk-loathing dairy promoter turned environmentalist, is naive, unsure of himself, sometimes quirky. Now he is caught in the political fight of his life-to get a climate change bill passed by a Congress riddled with the scheming pals of polluters. But this test of his political skills is match for his fight to escape his own seemingly inevitable death. The Hero of Gucci Gulch is set in the halls of Congress, where anti-environmental skullduggery mixes with mayhem to create exciting twists and turns sure to entice any fan of mysteries. Henry befriends Alicia Cummings, a pretty young intern whose passion for environmental justice matches his own. But youthful impetuousity leads her to igre Henry's warnings and she digs too deeply into the nefarious plans of the powerful opposition. When Henry finds her strangled body in a lonely Washington garden, he becomes the number one murder suspect. He tries to plow his anguish into his legislative campaign, but the unsolved murder weighs heavily on him and he can't leave it alone. He stumbles onto clues that point to his anti-environmental enemies, and when the police are slow to act he takes matters into his own hands. His increasingly daring amateur investigation gets him crosswise with the police but he persists until violence and still more death force him to live on the run. Henry faces both personal threats and political challenges as he claws his way toward the surprising conclusion. The first vel in a series featuring the lobbyist amateur sleuth is rich with Washington and political insider details. It will appeal to mystery fans, environmentalists and lovers of political intrigue alike.
- Author BiographyHolder of a Ph.D. in political science, Reid is a veteran of 30-plus years in federal and state government where he observed political machinations at close hand. A well-traveled expert in rural development, his jobs earned him familiarity with most parts of the U.S. and took him to Europe, including a period of time living in Paris. His most memorable trip was a three-week African safari that let him indulge his lifelong passion for photography. Now retired, he hand crafts furniture for a select clientele, teaches woodworking and writes for various publications. He resides in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains with his wife and four unruly cats who are convinced they are cabinetmaker's assistants.
- Author(s)J Norman Reid
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication24/01/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight562 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.