All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
About this product
- DescriptionShelled into ruins at the onset of the Bosnian War (1993), Treca Gimnazija, a high school in central Sarajevo, became a 'war school,' adapting to wartime conditions by conducting classes in the dispersed basement classrooms in neighborhoods across the city. Education scholar David M. Berman, who interviewed many of Treca Gimnazija's students, teachers, and administrators during the siege of Sarajevo, 1992-1995, as well as after the war, chronicles the human drama of everyday life in a high school operating under the constant threat of enemy guns and mortar fire. These educators and students of Treca Gimnazija tell the stories of their own personal war in the 'battle for the mind.'
- Author BiographyDavid M. Berman is associate professor in the School of Education at the University of Pittsburgh, where he is also an affiliated faculty member of the Russian and Eastern European Studies Program.
- Author(s)David M. Berman
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication28/04/2001
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield
- Content Notebibliography, index, maps
- Weight313 g
- Width148 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.