About this product
- DescriptionOpen this unusual book and you'll be greeted by a striking image of an arrowhead, surrounded by a simple black frame. Lift the frame and the arrowhead will be magically transformed into the letter A. And so it goes, from Balloons, Cloud, and Door, through Leaf and Mice, to Yolk and Zipper. Bold distinctive images and a simple yet ingenious format make this a concept book, and a gift book, to treasure.
- Author BiographyLaura Vaccaro Seeger is a New York Times best-selling author and illustrator and the recipient of a 2008 Caldecott Honor, Theodor Seuss Geisel Honors for both 2009 and 2008, a 2007 New York Times Best Illustrated Book Award, and the 2007 Boston Globe Horn Book Award for Best Picture Book. Her books include First the Egg and Dog and Bear, among others. Raised on Long Island, New York, Seeger began drawing at two years old and never stopped. For as long as she remembers, she wanted to write picture books. She received her B.F.A. degree at the School of Fine Art and Design at SUNY Purchase in Westchester, New York, and then moved to Manhattan, where she worked as an animator, artist, and editor in the network television business.Seeger lives in Rockville Centre, Long Island, with her husband, Chris, their two sons, Drew and Dylan, and their dog, Copper. She loves painting, surfing, tennis, playing the piano, and spending time with her family. She takes long walks at the beach every day and paints in her studio every night.
- Author(s)Laura Vaccaro Seeger
- PublisherRoaring Brook Press
- Date of Publication01/02/2011
- SubjectPre-school & Early Learning
- Place of PublicationNew Milford, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRoaring Brook Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight699 g
- Width208 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Illustrator(s)Laura Vaccaro Seeger
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,Lift-the-flap book
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.