All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionAt the core of Swedenborg s thought is the understanding that our purpose in this life is to progress spiritually to learn, to grow, to do good works, and, ultimately, to allow as much of God s love as possible to enter into us and manifest through us.Scattered throughout his works are descriptions of our mind and how it relates to both the physical and spiritual worlds. In this book, Taylor pulls these loose threads together and weaves them into a simple, coherent whole, presenting Swedenborg s teachings as a system that anyone can follow. Taylor describes the external or natural mind as primarily concerned with material things, and the inner mind, in its essence, as love. As we elevate our thoughts toward higher and higher types of love and wisdom, we draw closer to God and begin the process of regeneration, or rebirth as spiritual beings. This is the first time in many decades that a book has been published on Swedenborg s philosophy of the mind. Taylor s straightforward commentary gives readers a rare insight into this crucial aspect of Swedenborg s theology.
- Author BiographyDouglas Taylor was born in Terang, Victoria State, Australia. He received a BA from the University of Adelaide and went on to earn a Diploma in Education in Edinburgh, Scotland. Teaching French and English literature at a private school, he encountered the writings of Emanuel Swedenborg and was instantly hooked. He attended the Bryn Athyn Theological School and was ordained as a minister, serving in pastorates in Tucson, Arizona; Sydney, Australia, and in Bryn Athyn, Pennsylvania. His extremely popular classes in Swedenborgian though led to the publication of a number of books, including Escape from Egypt , Landmarks in Regeneration, and Spirituality That Makes Sense. He currently lives in Bryn Athyn, Pennsylvania.
- Author(s)Douglas Taylor
- PublisherSwedenborg Foundation
- Date of Publication28/11/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSwedenborg Foundation
- Weight159 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.