All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionRichard Burton was one of Victorian Britain's most protean figures. A soldier, explorer, ethgrapher, and polyglot of rare power, as well as a poet, travel writer, and translator of the Tales of the Arabian Nights and the Kama Sutra , Burton exercised his abundant talents in a diverse array of endeavours. Though best remembered as an adventurer who entered Mecca in disguise and sought the source of the White Nile, Burton travelled so widely, wrote so prolifically, and contributed so forcefully to his generation's most contentious debates that he provides us with a singularly paramic perspective on the world of the Victorians.
- Author BiographyDane Kennedy is the Elmer Louis Kayser Professor of History and International Affairs at The George Washington University.
- Author(s)Professor Dane Kennedy
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Date of Publication12/10/2007
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard University Press
- Content Note9 halftones
- Weight380 g
- Width130 mm
- Height202 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Trade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.