About this product
- DescriptionMr and Mrs Quest lived in a little house on the very top of a hill. People from all around came to visit and the view would have been perfect but for the rock that blocked it. Fed up with view, Mr Quest decided to move the rock. He never expected what happened next!
- Author BiographyDavid is the creator of several well-known characters including King Rollo and Mr Benn. His most famous creation is Elmer the Patchwork Elephant which is now published in more than 40 languages and has its own successful global merchandise programme. David McKee was born in Devon and went to Plymouth Art College, where he had a traditional training. On leaving college he drew regularly for, among others, Punch, Reader's Digest, and The Times Educational Supplement. His drawings were influenced especially by Saul Steinberg and Andre Francois. David's first picture book was one of the stories he had told at college, Two Can Toucan. This was published by Abelard-Schuman in 1964 and the version David re-illustrated in 1985 was re-issued in 2001 by Andersen Press. David has written and illustrated over 50 picture books for Andersen Press including 24 original Elmer stories. David lives in Arles, France
- Author(s)David McKee
- PublisherAndersen Press Ltd
- Date of Publication02/06/2011
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAndersen Press Ltd
- Content Notechiefly col. Illustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width240 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Interest AgeTo 5
Most relevant reviews
- very_sarcastic15 Mar, 2013by
The Hill and the Rock is a stone cold classic!
Quirky, funny, beautifully illustrated. A wonderful tale of making the best of a bad situation. One of my childhood favourites that's stayed in my mind all these years. Great to read to the kids!!!!
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.