All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt is the time of the Cold War. Soviet spies are feared, and secrets are traded. People disappear. Thirteen-year-old Alasdair, living in London, kws thing of this world. He can't wait to start his long summer holiday on the Isle of Skye, away from his mother and aunt. But things don't go quite as planned. On the journey, a stranger gives him a mysterious te before jumping from the train. Worse still, he instantly mistrusts sinister Murdo Beaton, with whom he's staying. Gradually adjusting to crofting life, Alasdair is t prepared for the web of danger and espionage that unfolds around him. Can he trust anyone?
- Author BiographyAllan Campbell McLean (1922-1989) was a master of Scottish children's writing. He had a deep love of the Highlands -- he lived in a croft house on Skye with his wife and children for 17 years -- and had a better ear for West Highland dialogue than perhaps any other author. His other books include The Master of Morgana, Storm Over Skye, A Sound of Trumpets and The Year of the Stranger.
- Author(s)Allan Campbell McLean
- PublisherFloris Books
- Date of Publication16/07/2015
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Series TitleKelpies
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight325 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
- Interest AgeFrom 11
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.