Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSet in Cumbria and covering the period from 1898 to the early twenties, this is the powerful saga of John Tallentire, first farm labourer, then coal miner, and his wife Emily. John's struggle to break free from the humiliating status of a 'hired man' is the theme of a vel which has been hailed as a classic of its kind - as meticulously detailed as a social document, as evocative as the writings of Hardy and Lawrence.
- Author BiographyMelvyn Bragg is a writer and broadcaster. His novels include The Hired Man, for which he won the Time/Life Silver Pen Award, Without a City Wall, winner of the John Llewellyn Rhys Prize, The Soldier's Return, winner of the WHSmith Literary Award, A Son of War and Crossing the Lines, both of which were longlisted for the Man Booker Prize, A Place in England, which was longlisted for the Lost Man Booker Prize, and most recently Grace and Mary. He has also written several works of non-fiction, including The Book of Books about the King James Bible. He lives in London and Cumbria.
- Author(s)Melvyn Bragg
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication06/12/2001
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight196 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $71.91New
- AU $28.83New
- AU $16.40New
- AU $12.81Used
- AU $79.40New
- AU $18.71New
- AU $113.12New
- AU $22.40New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $31.18
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $28.83
- AU $76.70Trending at AU $79.40
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.71
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $14.54
- AU $17.03Trending at AU $19.94
- AU $79.86Trending at AU $82.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.