All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $26.86
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $39.23
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.22
- AU $18.99Trending at AU $25.28
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $11.53Trending at AU $15.04
- AU $10.87Trending at AU $13.45
About this product
- DescriptionLate one night, exploring her father's library, a young woman finds an ancient book and a cache of yellowing letters addressed omiusly to 'My dear and unfortunate successor'. Her discovery plunges her into a world she never dreamed of - a labyrinth where the secrets of her father's past and her mother's mysterious fate connect to an evil hidden in the depths of history. In those few quiet moments, she unwittingly assumes a quest she will discover is her birthright - a hunt for the truth about Vlad the Impaler, the medieval ruler whose barbarous reign formed the basis of the Dracula myth. Deciphering obscure signs and hidden texts, reading codes worked into the fabric of medieval monastic traditions, and evading terrifying adversaries, one woman comes ever closer to the secret of her own past and a confrontation with the very definition of evil. Elizabeth Kostova's debut vel is an adventure of monumental proportions - a captivating tale that blends fact and fantasy, history and the present with an assurance that is almost unbearably suspenseful - and utterly unforgettable.
- Author BiographyElizabeth Kostova is the author of THE HISTORIAN. She lives in Ann Arbor with her husband and three children.
- PrizesCommended for Richard & Judy Book Club: Summer Read 2006.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Kostova
- PublisherLittle, Brown & Company
- Date of Publication05/11/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHachette Audio
- Weight288 g
- Width132 mm
- Height145 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Read byA cast of actors
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time688
- Edition StatementAbridged edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.