All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionEminent contributors include Alan Atkinson, Graeme Davison, Greg Dening, John Hirst, Beverley Kingston, Marilyn Lake, and Iain McCalman. They t only ask but answer the hard questions about writing and researching history. How do historians choose their histories? What sort of emotional investment do they make in their subjects, and how do they control their sympathies? How do they deal with unpalatable discoveries? To whom are historians responsible? And for whom are they entitled to speak? Intellectually provocative, often personally revealing, always engaged, The Historian's Conscience is a 'must read'.
- Author BiographyStuart Macintyre is Ernest Scott Professor of History, Dean of Arts and Laureate Professor at the University of Melbourne. His books include The History Wars; A Colonial Liberalism; A History for a Nation (MUP); The Oxford History of Australia, vol. 4; and The Reds- The Communist Party of Australia from Origins to Illegality.
- PublisherMelbourne University Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2004
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationCarlton
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2004
- ImprintMelbourne University Press
- Weight208 g
- Width132 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byStuart Macintyre
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.