All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis fascinating book explores the history of the native peoples of North America, from the early arrival of humans from Asia and their migration throughout the continent, the first and subsequently devastating contacts with European explorers and settlers, to the present day plight of the surviving tribes and their attempts to adapt to modern society. Particular emphasis is placed on the role of women in tribal society, the traditional familial and societal structures of Native Americans, and their diverse cultural values and practices.The authoritative, absorbing text is illuminated with beautifully illustrated maps showing the movements of the peoples and over 100 color photographs and illustrations plus reproductions of contemporary paintings depicting archaeological sites, artifacts, battles and great events, and the people involved: the chiefs and generals as well as the ordinary Indians and lost ways of life.
- Author BiographyDr. Ian Barnes is Head of the Department of History and International Studies at the University of Derby, England. He studied at the Universities of Sussex, England; Stockholm, Sweden; and the London School of Economics (University of London). He has been a United States Information Agency Visiting Professor at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. He has authored numerous articles on European history and has written The Historical Atlas of Asia, The Historical Atlas of Europe, The Historical Atlas of the American Revolution, and The Historical Atlas of the Bible.
- Author(s)Dr Ian Barnes
- PublisherChartwell Books
- Date of Publication05/08/2015
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleHistorical Atlas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChartwell Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1406 g
- Width226 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.