All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe story of Latin American Christianity is too often appended to the end of larger narratives and is rarely given the full consideration it deserves. And yet, the rich stories of Christianity in Latin America deserve our full attention. With this brief, engaging, and helpful overview, Joel M. Cruz offers a resource that tells that story in a new way, enabling students of all kinds to better understand the histories of Latin American Christianity. Cruz's text is divided into two parts. The first explores the history of the region in all of its diversity and variation. The second explores the theology of Latin America by way of three essential issues faced by the encounter of European Christianity with native peoples and African slaves: anthropology, ecclesiology, and soteriology. The result is an informative and eye-opening introduction to a kaleidoscope of efforts to articulate the meanings and implications of Christianity in the context of Latin America.
- Author BiographyJoel M. Cruz earned his Ph.D. from the Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago. He is an adjunct professor of religion at Elmhurst College in Elmhurst, Illinois, and the author of The Mexican Reformation: Catholic Pluralism, Enlightenment Religion, and the Iglesia de Jesus Movement in Benito Juarez's Mexico (1859-1872) (2011).
- Author(s)Joel M. Cruz
- PublisherFortress Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/11/2014
- SubjectReligious Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFortress Press,U.S.
- Weight154 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $34.80
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.