The History and Social Foundations of American Education by Van James J. Patten, John D. Pulliam (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $201.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $138.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
About this product
- DescriptionThe only guide on the history of American education you will need to read, The History and Social Foundations of Education, Tenth Edition, serves as a quick reference to the most important persons, dates, events, and movements that shaped the nation's system of education. Concise and clearly-written, this popular text provides a comprehensive historical treatment of education in the United States from Colonial times to the present day. The significant background behind the growth and evolution of education in our society is presented, including key influential movements in educational history and prominent leaders. The expert authors' excellent coverage of recent events and issues, the influence of legal and legislative actions and reform reports, and issues in modern American education, globalization, current events, and trends are keenly presented in an accessible manner.
- Author BiographyJohn D. Pulliam received his Ph.D. from the University of Illinois and later served as a public school teacher and principal. In higher education, he was assistant professor at the University of Texas in Austin, Professor and Department Chair at the University of Oklahoma, Dean of the College of Education at the University of Arkansas, and finally Dean of the School of Education at the University of Montana. Pulliam was co-author of four books in the field of educational theory and had over 100 articles in scholarly journals. James Van Patten received his Ph.D from the University of Texas at Austin. His service in higher education includes professor of education at Central Missouri State University, Warrensburg; Professor of Education at University of Arkansas; visiting scholar at UCLA, the University of Michigan, and the University of Texas at Austin. He has authored numerous professional journal articles and books, and most recently published articles in the Encyclopedia of Education Law 2010, the Encyclopedia of Social and Cultural Foundations of Education 2008, and the Encyclopedia of Law and Higher Education 2010.
- Author(s)John D. Pulliam,Van James J. Patten
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication02/01/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight503 g
- Width184 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition Statement10th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.