Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThe History of Fly Fishing in Fifty Flies recounts the history of a sport that dates back two thousand years, focusing on milestone flies from the first feathered hook to contemporary patterns using cutting edge materials. From the many thousands of fly patterns developed over the centuries (there are more than 1,700 salmon fly patterns alone) these fifty have been chosen to represent the development t only of the flies themselves but also of fly fishing techniques-and of rods, lines, and reels. These iconic flies also chart the spread of this addictive sport from its modern origins on the chalk streams of southern England and the rivers of Scotland to the US, Europe, South America and the Antipodes, and w to every country in the world. Once limited to trout and salmon, fly-fishing techniques today are used to catch every fish species from minws to marlin, in rivers, lakes and oceans from the Amazon to the Arctic. Filled with profiles of the key characters, tying tips, photographs and illustrations of the flies, and detailed explanations of the techniques used to fish them, The History of Fly Fishing in Fifty Flies charts the exponential growth and diversification of this fascinating sport.
- Author BiographyIan Whitelaw is a freelance writer living in British Columbia, Canada. He has been a keen angler since the moment he caught his first trout, fishing with his father in Wiltshire, England, at the age of eight. Over the years he has fished rivers, lakes, and the ocean in the UK, Canada, Kenya, India, Belize, and Mongolia. Ian has been a regular contributor of articles to fly-fishing websites and magazines, and has been the contributing editor on more than a dozen books on fishing. Julie Spyropoulos is an artist and illustrator living in the south of England. She has a BA (Hons) Degree in Fine Art and a Diploma in Botanical Painting from the English Gardening School at Chelsea Physic Garden. Julie has painted for the Hampton Court Palace Florilegium Society and for the Bedgebury Pinetum Florilegium Society.
- Author(s)Ian Whitelaw
- PublisherExisle Publishing
- Date of Publication01/03/2015
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationWoolombi
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintExisle Publishing
- Weight720 g
- Width170 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Illustrator(s)Julie Spyropoulos
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.