The History of North America, Vol. 13: The Growth of the Nation, 1837 to 1860 (Classic Reprint) by Enoch Walter Sikes (Paperback / softback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.66Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $59.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from The History of North America, Vol. 13: The Growth of the Nation, 1837 to 1860 There are few years in our national history that more properly deserve the epithet transitional than those between 1837 and 1860. The first of these dates marks the close of the stormy but vivifying terms of the sturdy patriot and turbulent politician, Andrew Jackson. The second date closes those years during which James Buchanan, the man of high intention but weak performance, strove to guide the progress of affairs that were rapidly becoming too stupendous and assertive to be controlled by him, or, indeed, by any man who could have been elected to the presidential office. The times were t for weak men, because they were swept along in the current of events; they were such as to wreck strong men, because effective personal followings seemed to have passed with the great triumvirate, Clay, Webster, and Calhoun, and without a personal following stronger than the strongest possessed by these leaders, man could have directed, much less controlled, the forces that were moving to an inevitable climax. In writing of these transitional years our authors have produced the second of the two volumes which in The History of North America compass the span from the period of ferment and adjustment, in which the Constitution became in truth the Instrument of Government, to the beginning of the Civil War period. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)Enoch Walter Sikes
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication27/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight671 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.