All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn addition to Valerie Warrior's crisp, fluent translation of the first five books of Livy's Ab Urbe Condita , this edition features a general introduction to Livy and his work, extensive foot-of-the-page tes offering essential contextual information, and a chrology of events. Three appendices--on the genealogies of the most prominent political figures in the early Republic, Livy's relationship with Augustus, and Livy's treatment of religion--offer additional insight into the author and the early history of Rome.
- Author BiographyValerie M. Warrior is the author of Roman Religion (Cambridge University Press, 2006) and The initiation of the Second Macedonian War: An Explication of Livy Book 31 (F. Steiner, 1996).
- PublisherHackett Publishing Co, Inc
- Date of Publication25/09/2006
- SubjectAncient History
- Place of PublicationCambridge, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHackett Publishing Co, Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight708 g
- Width9 mm
- Height215 mm
- Translated byValerie M. Warrior
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.