All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEveryone kws Vietnam for its turbulent environment during the second half of the 20th century, but few kw that archaeologists believe that civilization there existed as far back as the Bronze Age. Vietnam's history runs rampant with clashing dynasties, civil wars and power struggles between the North and South, and conflicts with neighboring and other countries. First ruled under China's close watch for centuries, Vietnam fell under conflicting commands of France and Japan during the 19th and 20th centuries-finally leading to the split of North and South Vietnam, and ultimately, the Vietnam War. Today, Vietnam still struggles with its scars from the past, but is slowly emerging as its own country, independent of China and France. An essential addition for high school and public library shelves, The History of Vietnam is the only reference book to examine Vietnam's complete history, from the 2nd century BCE to the present.
- Author BiographyJustin Corfield is a teacher of history and international studies at Geelong Grammar School. He is the author of Encyclopedia of Singapore (2006).
- Author(s)Justin J. Corfield
- Date of Publication28/02/2008
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleGreenwood Histories of the Modern Nations
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight438 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.82Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.