All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $24.55Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionTheir names live on in the imagination: Geronimo, Sitting Bull, Custer, Jesse James, Wyatt Earp, Buffalo Bill. There was a time when any kid could have told you everything about those names, which he would have learned from 'Cowboys and Indians' films and comic books. Exaggerated myths and legends were born from those films and comics. Here at last is a book that gives us the true stories and biographies in fascinating detail. The book describes the pioneers' hardships, transport from horse to railroad via covered wagon, pony express, stagecoach and steam boat; the Indian Wars, leading to the massacre at Wounded Knee; bank raids, train robberies and the shoot-out at the O.K. Corral; and the development of the gun by two men, Samuel Colt, whose work shaped the production and use of American firearms, and Oliver Winchester, inventor of the repeating rifle. An all-encompassing history of the Wild West!
- Author BiographyDr. Kenneth Taylor (b. 1944) was able to explore the USA during leave from his career in the Royal Navy. He spent time on a ranch in Colorado and visited an Indian Reservation, and has since visited America frequently, validating facts about the history of the West. Dr. Kenneth's interest in Western History was inspired by watching cowboy films from an early age. This prompted him to search for the true facts over the next five decades. He has studied in the Daughters of the Republic of Texas Research Library in San Antonio and the University of Texas.
- Author(s)Ken Taylor
- PublisherAustin Macauley Publishers
- Date of Publication30/06/2015
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAustin Macauley Publishers
- Weight154 g
- Width122 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.