All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRegimental histories abound, but few can be as stirring as this story of the fortunes of the famous Yorkshire-based Green Howards. Raised in 1688 in response to a call for loyal troops, the Green Howards have maintained their tradition of loyalty over the past 300 years winning many superb battle hours. Their history reflects that of the British Army as there is hardly a major campaign that this Regiment has t been involved in; the French Wars of 1697-1793, the American War of Independence, Crimean War, First and Second World Wars, service in Suez, Malaya, Northern Ireland, peacekeeping operations in Bosnia and the war in the Gulf. This fine book brings the story of one of Britain's finest regiments right up to date.
- Author BiographyGeoffrey Powell served much of the Second World War in the Parachute Regiment, was awarded the Military Cross for action at Arnhem. Between 1982 and 1984 he became deputy Colonel of the Green Howards. His publications include: Men at Arnhem, Plumer: The Soldier's General, and The Kandyan Wars. John Powell retired from the Regiment in 1998. He had served as CO of the 1st Battalion in Londonderry from 1987-1989 and for the tercentenary in Catterick. He was Deputy Colonel of the Green Howards from 1996-2001 and currently lives in Hampshire.
- Author(s)Geoffrey Powell,John S. W. Powell
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication30/10/2015
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationSouth Yorkshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPen & Sword Military
- Content NoteIllustrated
- Weight862 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.