All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by acclaimed Scottish football historians Phil Jones and David Potter, The History of the Scottish Cup looks at every season of Scottish football's national cup competition from the very first ties of October 1873 to the final of May 2016. It provides a compelling account of how Scotland's clubs have competed for the trophy, which w has the longest continued existence in the sporting world. The 'romance of the cup' continues to set pulses racing each year, as clubs from the lower divisions, as well as n-league, junior and amateur clubs, are given the opportunity to become giant-killers against the big boys. The glory, heartache and controversy of each season is accompanied by tes on Scottish and world events that put the football into an interesting historical context, and the many photographs and statistics complete this comprehensive coverage of the Scottish Cup.
- Author BiographyDavid Potter is a retired teacher who lives with his wife and dog in Kirkcaldy. He has three children and five grandchildren. He has written several books on Scottish football. Phil H Jones is the co-author of The Encyclopaedia of Scottish Football with David. A graduate of St Andrews University, he saw his first Scottish football match in 1966 when he was a student and has lived in north-east Fife since 1974.
- Author(s)Davd Potter,Phil Hulme
- PublisherPitch Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication17/10/2016
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationHove
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPitch Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteincludes more than 100 images
- Width154 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $22.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.