About this product
- DescriptionOne Thursday lunchtime Earth is unexpectedly demolished to make way for a new hyperspace bypass. For Arthur Dent, who has only just had his house demolished that morning, this is already more than he can cope with. Sadly, however, the weekend has only just begun. And the Galaxy is a very, very large and startling place indeed.
- Author BiographyDOUGLAS ADAMS was born in Cambridge in March, 1952. He is best known as the creator of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, which started life as a BBC Radio 4 series. The book went on to be a No. 1 bestseller. He followed this success with The Restaurant at the End of the Universe (1980); Life, The Universe and Everything (1982); So Long and Thanks for all the Fish (1984); Mostly Harmless (1992) and many more. He sold over 15 million books in the UK, the US and Australia. Douglas died unexpectedly in May, 2001 at the age of 49.
- PrizesRunner-up for The BBC Big Read Top 100 2003 and The BBC Big Read Top 21 2003. Shortlisted for BBC Big Read Top 100 2003.
- Author(s)Douglas Adams
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication12/10/1979
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date12/02/2014
- Weight99 g
- Width120 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best Selling in Fiction Books
- AU $65.29New
- AU $52.48Used
A Game of Thrones: The Story Continues: The Complete Box Set of All 7 Books by George R. R. Martin (Paperback, 2012)
- AU $53.32New
- AU $47.47Used
- AU $16.06New
- AU $8.05Used
- AU $16.56New
- AU $18.32New
- AU $27.93New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.06
- AU $14.99Trending at AU $15.94
- AU $43.00Trending at AU $57.77
- AU $33.92Trending at AU $35.91
- AU $22.79Trending at AU $25.35
- AU $24.30Trending at AU $24.66
- AU $20.53Trending at AU $22.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.