All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionA lively and hilarious tale that's pure fun. If you loved Bridget Jones's Diary and you have a child in school, THE HIVE is the book for you. --Maria Semple, author of Where'd You Go, Bernadette It's the start of ather school year at St. Ambrose. While the children are busy in the classroom, their mothers are learning sharper lessons. Lessons in friendship. Lessons in betrayal. Lessons in the laws of community, the transience of power...and how to get invited to lunch. Beatrice -- undisputed queen bee. Ruler, by Divine Right, of all school fundraising, this year, last year, and, surely, for many to come. Heather -- desperate to volunteer, desperate to be ticed, desperate to belong. Georgie -- desperate for a cigarette. And Rachel -- watching them all, keeping her distance. But soon to discover taht the line between amused observer and miserable outcast is a thin one. THE HIVE is a wickedly funny and brilliantly observed story about female friendship, power plays, and the joys and perils (well, mainly perils) of trying to do one's part.
- Author BiographyGill Hornby is a writer and journalist. She lives with her husband, Robert Harris, and their four children, in Kintbury, Berkshire (UK). The Hive is her first novel.
- Author(s)Gill Hornby
- PublisherBack Bay Books
- Date of Publication26/08/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBack Bay Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width137 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.