Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $22.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSome girls grow up with Barbie dolls and E-Z Bake ov-ens, but t Martha. She has Scorpion Tail, Beelzebub, and the seven battles of the Apocalypse to deal with in addition to a mother who reads nightly from Fox's Book of Martyrs. Martha lives in working class Arkansas of the late sixties and early seventies. Her father is a proud and brutal man who can't always get eugh work to keep pinto beans on the ta-ble. Her mother, Pixie, in the most creative moment of her life, slips into her wedding dress, marches to the local store-front fundamentalist church and marries Jesus. The only re-deeming thing about the church for Martha is that the middle Spoon daughter is also forced to attend, and she's the tough-est outlaw girl in town. Martha finds temporary respite through her friendship with Spoon and her strong, independ-ent grandmother. Girlfriends, however, get boyfriends and grandmothers get old, but the holdouts survive. An adult vel told in a child's voice, readers will increas-ingly identify with Martha in her search for self. The story resonates with the universal struggle of growing up and find-ing a place in the world.
- Author(s)Sherry Clements
- PublisherDrinian Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDrinian Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight263 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $21.20
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.66
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.92
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $20.04
- AU $56.19Trending at AU $59.46
- AU $21.87Trending at AU $24.81
- AU $15.99Trending at AU $21.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.