All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionThe Holy Spirit and Salvation in African Christian Theology challenges the dominant understanding of the Holy Spirit in African Christian salvific discourse. The most prevalent approach in reflections on the Holy Spirit and salvation in African Christian theology insists that these doctrines be made to address the spiritualized African traditional religious cosmology. This dominant approach to the Holy Spirit and salvation have therefore led to the baptism of African traditional religious cosmology in African Christian theology. Baptizing the African cosmology has, in turn, brought about the emphasis on the miraculous in African pneumatology and soteriology. The Holy Spirit and Salvation in African Christian Theology further argues that such stress on the miraculous blocks other ways by which the Holy Spirit might be understood in African soteriological discourse. In addition, this study proposes that the Holy Spirit be perceived as enabling critical philosophical rationality and the development of science and techlogy in Africa, features that are crucial to enhancing the well-being of the continent and its peoples.
- Author BiographyDavid Tonghou Ngong was educated at the University of Yaounde, Cameroon, the University of South Africa (UNISA), and Central Baptist Theological Seminary in Kansas City, Kansas, before receiving his PhD in religion from Baylor University in Texas. Currently he is Lecturer in African Studies and Religion at Baylor University. He has published in journals such as Journal of Theology for Southern Africa, Studies in World Christianity, and Theology Today.
- Author(s)David Tonghou Ngong
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication24/08/2010
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleBible and Theology in Africa
- Series Part/Volume Number8
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2010
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight440 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.