All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionMuch more than a personal experience, the Holy Spirit is who God is and what God does as the Trinity, whether we feel it or t. It is the birthday of the church as created through the Spirit, giving the church the task of pointing the world to Jesus. This book will help people recognize what an extraordinary thing has happened to them through baptism and their inclusion in the Body of Christ through the Spirit But to do this the authors will challenge some of the presumptions surrounding discussions about the Spirit in terms of how the work of the Spirit is understood as inspirational. In other words, this book will help people recover a sense of why the Spirit is the third person of the Trinity and how that reality makes possible our inclusion in the Body of Christ in a manner that challenges some of the individualistic and subjectivist accounts of the Spirit's work.
- Author BiographyStanley Hauerwas is the Gilbert T. Rowe Professor Emeritus of Divinity and Law at the Divinity School at Duke University in Durham, North Carolina. He has written a voluminous number of articles, authored and edited many books, and has been the subject of other theologians' writing and interest. He has been a board member of the Society of Christian Ethics, Associate Editor of a number of Christian journals and periodicals, and a frequent lecturer at campuses across the country. Feeling most at home behind a pulpit, William H. Willimon's deepest calling is to be a preacher and truth-teller of Jesus Christ. Willimon is Professor of the Practice of Christian Ministry at Duke University Divinity School and retired Bishop of the North Alabama Conference of The United Methodist Church, after serving for 20 years as faculty member and Dean of the Chapel at Duke University. He continues to give lectures and teach at universities around the world. Willimon earned a doctoral degree from Emory University and has been honored with 13 additional doctorates. He lives in Birmingham, Alabama. A study by the Pulpit and Pew Research Center found that Willimon is one of the most widely read authors among mainline Protestant pastors. An international survey conducted by Baylor University named him one of the Twelve Most Effective Preachers in the English-speaking world. With over a million copies of more than 60 books sold, his popularity is undeniable.
- Author(s)Stanley Hauerwas
- PublisherAbingdon Press
- Date of Publication26/08/2015
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationNashville, Tennessee
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAbingdon Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight150 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine1 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.