All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionThis book looks at the main aspects of living in Britain during the Second World War. It explores the historical background, the government action taken, and how civilians went about defending their own homes. It looks at the world of work, entertainment, food and clothing, as well as the darker side of Britain at war. It will be of interest to anyone keen to find out about this special period in British history.
- Author BiographyGuy de la Bedoyere is a writer, historian and archaeologist. He has written numerous books on aspects of Roman Britain, and also on the archaeology of the air war of 1939-45. He has made numerous appearances on Channel 4's 'Time Team' and was also Chairman of the War Cabinet for Channel 4's '1940s House', which placed a modern family in the Home Front.
- Author(s)Guy de la Bedoyere
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication19/03/2002
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleShire Album S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 4
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShire Publications Ltd
- Content Notecolour and b&w illustrations
- Weight327 g
- Width150 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine31 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.