Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.23+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCharlotte Perkins Gilman's The Home is a scathing attack on the domesticity of women in the early 20th century. Her central argument, that 'the ecomic independence and specialization of women is essential to the improvement of marriage, motherhood, domestic industry, and racial improvement' resonates in this work. Throughout, she maintains that the liberation of women-and of children and of men, for that matter-requires getting women out of the house, both practically and ideologically. AltaMira Press is proud to reprint this provocative work and introduce Charlotte Perkins Gilman to a new generation of students and feminist scholars.
- Author BiographyCharlotte Perkins Gilman was a prolific American writer and feminist theorist who wrote over two hundred short stories, including 'The Yellow Wallpaper' (1892), a stark account of a young mother's mental breakdown. Michael S. Kimmel is Professor of Sociology at State University of New York, Stony Brook.
- Author(s)Charlotte Perkins Gilman
- PublisherAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication23/07/2002
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Series TitleClassics in Gender Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Content Notebibliography
- Weight576 g
- Width149 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.