All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- Description'There is so much to be thankful for. I kw. I do. One look at my beautiful family, our little home or our friends can tell me that. But it's so hard to see it in the dark.'In 2006 Hannah Oakland was a drama student living in Central London - with complimentary theatre tickets, a head full of world-conquering dreams and a kitchen that definitely didn't meet Health and Safety standards. Ten years later, the only constant is the state of her kitchen. Today, Hannah is a wife, a mother-of-two, and reliant on anti-depressants to make it through the week.The Honest Mums' Club is the story of her journey towards acceptance. An honest song for those whose dreams didn't pan out the way they planned. A whisper in the night for the sleep-deprived parents. A rumour of hope for the mentally unstable. Indeed, there is happy ending. No neat, tidy recovery. Not yet. It's a two-steps-forward, one-step-back affair. But those two-steps are towards beauty, second chances and hope. It's a tale of learning to live a life more ordinary. Learning to be gentle - with oneself and with family.The the story of Hannah's slow and grudging acceptance that there are rules with depression or parenthood, regulation and guarantees. But that somehow, in the midst of it all, life goes on.
- Author BiographyHannah Oakland is a married mum-of-two young children and writer of the Walking With the Moon blog.
- Author(s)Hannah Oakland
- PublisherDarton,Longman & Todd Ltd
- Date of Publication28/04/2016
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDarton,Longman & Todd Ltd
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.