All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1933, an ambitious project was underway in the middle of the desert on the Arizona-Nevada border. Dozens of men dangled from long ropes along the tall canyon walls hundreds of feet above the Colorado River. The workers used jackhammers to drill holes into the rock, and then placed dynamite into each hole. Boom! Boom! Boom! This dangerous--and sometimes deadly--work was just the beginning of the construction of the Hoover Dam. The Hoover Damtraces the incredible story of the colossal structure, from its construction to its important modern-day use--including preventing floods and providing electricity to millions of people. Large color photos, maps, and fact boxes enrich the captivating story, which is sure to excite even the most reluctant readers.
- Author(s)Meish Goldish
- PublisherBearport Publishing
- Date of Publication01/08/2016
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleAmerican Places: From Vision to Reality
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBearport Publishing
- Weight272 g
- Width206 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.