All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Hope for Audacity: Public Identity and Equity Action in Education calls for audacious action from the president and his administration as they attempt to guide educators, policymakers, as well as the general public in thinking critically about education. This book also discusses the role of education faculties in becoming more active agents of change. The authors argue that issues of equity and social justice for students in all schools cant be overlooked if leaders want to make a positive difference in education and the lives of children and their families. The Hope for Audacity: Public Identity and Equity Action in Education includes the voices of diverse students and their teachers, including those of racial and linguistic mirities, the LGBTQ community, and students with disabilities. Through research and personal stories, this volume seeks to raise awareness of the needs of these communities so that their education can become a national priority.
- Author BiographyLilia D. Monzo is Assistant Professor at the College of Educational Studies at Chapman University. Her research involves ethnography with Latino immigrant children and families and the educational contexts in which they participate. She teaches courses in the teacher education program on diversity and bilingual education and second language learning. She also teaches doctoral level courses in qualitative research methods. Alice Merz is Associate Professor at the College of Education and Public Policy at Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne. Dr. Merz's research focuses on case studies that examine how teachers become aware of and use interpretive lenses, such as the Reggio Approach, to guide their students' work, discourse, and dispositions. She teaches methods courses in elementary mathematics as well as graduate research methods courses.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication18/05/2012
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Series TitleCritical Education & Ethics
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2012
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight430 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byAlice Merz,Lilia D. Monzo
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.