All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $29.05Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.84
About this product
- DescriptionThe Horned Man opens with a man losing his place in a book, then deepens into a dark and terrifying tale of a man losing his place in the world. As Lawrence Miller-an English expatriate and professor of gender studies-tells the story of what appears to be an elaborate conspiracy to frame him for a series of brutal killings, we descend into a world of subtly deceptive appearances where persecutor and victim continually shift roles, where paraia assumes an air of calm rationality, and where enlightenment itself casts a darkness in which the most nightmarish acts occur. As the vel races to its shocking conclusion, we follow Miller as he traverses the streets of Manhattan and the decaying suburbs beyond, in terrified pursuit of his pursuers. Written with sinuous grace and intellectual acuity, The Horned Man is an extraordinary, unforgettable first vel by an acclaimed writer and poet of unusual power. Reading group guide included.
- Author BiographyJames Lasdun is the author of The Horned Man and Seven Lies, as well as six collections of poetry. He teaches creative writing at Columbia University and The New School and lives in upstate New York.
- PrizesWinner of New York Times Notable Book 2002.
- Author(s)James Lasdun
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication20/05/2003
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Out-of-print date20/05/2011
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight190 g
- Width140 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.