All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLawrence Miller, an English expatriate in New York, tells the story of what appears to be an elaborate conspiracy to frame him for a series of brutal killings. The intricate plot entangles Miller, a teacher of Gender Studies, in the lives of a womanising colleague under investigation for sexual harassment, a lonely attorney who has developed an inexplicable passion for Miller, and a shadowy Bulgarian who adapts Kafka for the stage, is prone to acts of explosive violence, and may or may t be sleeping under Miller's office desk. As the vel spirals to its shocking conclusion, Lawrence Miller traverses, in terror, the streets of Manhattan, tracking the lines of human connection across the city and out to the decaying suburbs beyond, in wild pursuit of his persecutors.
- Author BiographyJames Lasdun was born in London and now lives in upstate New York. He has published two novels as well as several collections of short stories and poetry. His work has been adapted for film by Bernardo Bertolucci in Besieged and for the Sundance award-winning Sunday. He has been long-listed for the Booker Prize, shortlisted for the LA Times, T.S. Eliot and Forward prizes in poetry, and was the winner of the inaugural UK/BBC Short Story Prize. His non-fiction has been published in Harpers, Granta and the London Review of Books.
- Author(s)James Lasdun
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication06/02/2003
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight150 g
- Width130 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.13
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $12.14Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.53
- AU $22.15Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $26.48Trending at AU $30.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.