All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the early works of pulp terror, The Horror from the Hills is the legendary first tale of the Cthulhu Mythos. It is drawn from the disturbing nightmares of Belknap Long's friend and colleague, H P Lovecraft, the master writer of supernatural fiction of the modern age. A blood-sucking demon from the fourth dimension is mistakenly exhibited in a Manhattan museum and feasts on the blood of its admirers. This influential tale of extraterrestrial terror, a best-seller in the 1930s and 1940s, has been out of print for more than three decades. In a relatively short narrative, Long takes us from the remotest origins of our common culture, to the centre of civilised mid-twentieth-century, to the cutting edges of contemporary techlogy to bring us face to face with horrible bloodsucking malevolence. We are fortunate that Chaugnar Faugn is a creation of fiction, drawn from one dark mind into ather's pen.
- Author BiographyFrank Belknap Long was a prolific writer of science fiction, fantasy, and horror from 1924 to his death in 1994. A member of the original Lovecraft Circle, he was good friends with the best writers of his time, including Henry Kuttner and Catherine (C L) Moore, Theodore Sturgeon, Hart Crane, and of course, H P Lovecraft.
- Author(s)Frank Belknap Long
- PublisherIsle Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2009
- SubjectHorror & Ghost Stories
- Place of PublicationOrlando, FL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIsle Press
- Weight218 g
- Width230 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.13
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.06
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.