All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $52.90Trending at AU $53.46
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.10
About this product
- DescriptionCanadian Children's Book Centre Our Choice, 2007 Fourteen new spine-tingling treats for teens In this second volume of original horror stories for teenaged readers, you'll find ghosts and werewolves, weird transformations and menacing strangers, the hairs on the back of your neck stand on end and your heart beats faster. Some of these stories explore the most traditional of horror themes - the visitation of vampires, fear of the dark corners of the basement - with a d to that master of horror, Edgar Allen Poe. Others take readers into less familiar territory: the terror of a babysitter with a too-vivid imagination, the dangers of compulsive attention paid to a pet fighting-fish, the claustrophobia of a cruise ship where nasty plots abound, and the subtle tension between the discipline of intellect and the boisterous yearning of creativity as it is played out in the minds of teens.Some stories here come from some of our most celebrated of authors for youth - Priscilla Galloway, William Bell, Anne Laurel Carter, Kathy Stinson, Gillian Chan, Jamie Bastedo, Louise Wadsworth, Diana Aspin, Joanne Findon, Sylvia McNicoll, Wendy Lewis, Sylvo Frank, Alison Lohans and Cheryl Rainfield - some represent the work of gifted emerging writers who have also captured the essence of what makes a good suspense-filled story.
- Author BiographyPeter Carver is the Red Deer Press Children's Book Editor. Under his direction, Red Deer Press has published such notable talents as Kevin Major, Martine Leavitt, Cora Taylor, Ted Staunton and many more. He was awarded the Canadian Library Association Award for Advancement of Intellectual Freedom in Canada and the Writers' Union Freedom to Read Week Award.When he's not editing children's books, Peter Carver teaches creative writing classes in Toronto.
- PublisherRed Deer Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2006
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Series TitleHorrors
- Series Part/Volume Number02
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRed Deer Press
- Weight249 g
- Width142 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byPeter Carver
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.